Cleaning your house can be a daunting task, especially if you have children and a busy schedule. There are things that need to be done daily, weekly, and every so often, depending on your lifestyle and the activity level of your household. There are certainly tips that can help you stay on top of things, however, the best indicator of quick and efficient task management is all in the planning.
Your planning method could be a written schedule for your tasks and delegated duties or just making mental notes. The most effective method will be the one that gets you started. But, cleaning your house quickly and efficiently will depend upon your sense of timing. Timing is everything. Here is how to clean your house quickly and efficiently.
-Observe the habits of your family within the area of the house that gives you the most anxiety over cleanliness. Without verbalizing your observations to your family, start a strategic plan of attack. (For example: If the kitchen is the most troublesome spot because everyone eats at different times and no one likes to wash dishes, then….)
-Note the most troublesome offender. As the saying goes “keep your friends close, but your enemies closer”. Schedule your cleaning activity after their busiest time in that area, not before. This will give you some insight into the unconscious habits of your household.
Tips on getting it done quickly:
1. Walk through the house with a trash bag and collect the trash from each room.
2. Walk through the house collecting dishes for the kitchen sink.
3. Walk through the main living areas with a basket to remove personal items from common areas, then drop those items off in their respective rooms.
4. Vacuuming all the carpets one floor level at a time will save time and energy. Find a socket that will reach at least two areas at one time.
5. Sweep the floors.
Bathroom and kitchen
1. Work top to bottom
2. Spray fixtures and surfaces with an all-purpose cleaner, wait 3-5 minutes and wipe the surfaces down with a wet cloth.
Bringing it all together will create a path of least resistance while making you happier and healthier. If you have a block of time then work through the plan. But, if you like to multi-task, then make use of commercials by delegating a task to each break in the program.